Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pete came for a visit....and I started this blog because I learned some things about myself during his visit.

My former LAUSD colleague, Pete, came to visit us recently for 4 days. While I toured him around the area, I was reminded of just how lovely southern Sweden can be this time of the year. We are having excellent summer weather, at the moment, mostly sunny with a bit of rain to make the plants grow. As I explained bits and pieces of our life to him, I realized that after living here nine years I have really grown to LOVE it here! Although I can complain from time to time (my husband might add "more often than that"), I have come to accept many things....including that fact that I will probably never REALLY master the language but at least I know enough to fit in and work my way out of a problem. We had a great visit with Pete and I'm so very glad he came to share these days with us in our country home. Thanks Pete! Your visit made my heart smile!

No comments: