Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's it like around the neighborhood.....

Pete and my husband went for a walk down the street in our neighborhood with our dog, Pepe. Who should they meet? My neighbor and friend, Mia, with her favorite horse, Royal Oak!(She has about 8 horses, they live right across the street from us.) This is a common sight for us but looking at it through Pete's camera made me realize how used to it I've gotten over the years here. The clip-clop of horses' hooves along our road is one of my FAVORITE sounds! Mia will teach Maya to ride when she is ready...or rather when Mommy is ready!
Current backyard project: Maya's new play apparatus! The structure is STRONG and LARGE...my Dad jokingly calls it "the big erection" project. I think Maya will be able to play with it until she is 20 years old! Just to give you some perspective...Bo is a little over 6 feet tall. I'm thinking of getting Maya a parachute back pack in case she climbs too high!
I'm so proud that Bo has been working on this...so he deserves another photo! xoxo
This is the "Lillesjö" (Little Lake) that is across the street from our house...only we don't have a lake view because our neighbor's house is blocking it. :-( However, this is the view we see as we drive along our road. It was a cloudy day when Pete took this shot so I'll take another one on a sunny day. There's lots of wild life in and around this lake....today I saw a neighbor trying to wind surf on it! I think it is too cold to go swimming in! brrrr....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,

I'll be the first to post on your new blog! It's about time! When I'm missing Sweden, I will come to your blog to get a "taste". Btw, I found the best way to make s'mores in Sweden is to buy the cookies that already have chocolate on them!.

Keep in touch.

Neitha

Natalie Harris said...

As you know, it's been a rough week with Graham's heart problems...anyway...YOU ARE THE SUNSHINE COMING THROUGH!!!! I NEEDED you to do this BLog!!! THank you!!!
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol, You're blog is fantastic, love the pictures and hearing about how your live is in Skane. It is hard to believe how much time has passed. Thanks for sharing and keep it up!
Emily Carter Mitchell

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the walk in your neighborhood. I will come to see you one day. I am jealous that Pete beat me to it but he has no kids, so good for him. Terry and I have kept in touch and Yanet my t.a. from Arco Iris. We saw Pete and Ms. Li about a year or so. I will call him to hear about his trip. Your daughter is beautiful-how old is she now? Love, Roxie

Lori S-C said...

Wow, this blog is off to a great start! The pictures are wonderful! Love the horses, the erector set and the lake! Going on to look at photos of Helsingborg!
And someday, If I am really lucky, I'm going to come visit.

Anonymous said...

Well, do you think I could really resist NOT commenting on your blog??? I am glad to see the "big erection" project is on it's way. My girls will certainly enjoy playing on it with Maya. The blog is beautifully done--good job Carol!! Miss you guys and see you soon! The Carlsson girls

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful photos on your blog!

Regards, Carla (friend of Lori SC)

Carol in Sweden said...

Thanks Carla!
It's easy to have beautiful photos...Sweden is a lovely country, especially in the summer time! I've taken it for granted over the years I've been here (8.5 years), so I'm falling in love with it again through this blog!

When Lori comes to visit me, you are welcome, too!