Thursday, March 19, 2009

I have the most wonderful friend....

I met Kelly Sue in my first year living in Sweden in the "Swedish for Immigrants" Class...we were like soul sisters from the beginning! (She appears in my blog a dozen of times, at least!) Right now I won't go into a rambling about her and her wonderful husband, Peder, and 2 adorable daughters...but I am so very, very grateful she's in my life!

KS is an operating room nurse... Angel on Earth! You would not believe how many questions she has answered for my family about health issues over the years. Whenever something is not quite right my husband says "Let's call Kelly Sue" I often think she could open a website of her own to direct people to the solution to their medical problems. Unfortunately, I was not honest with her about all that I've been feeling inside of me over the last 5 weeks or so...she would have made me go in to the health center much sooner. I was embarrassed and thought I was just having too much constipation. (never be embarrassed to find out why your body is not working correctly!)

Kelly Sue's latest question answered:
What's so important about whether the cancer source is in the rectum or anus?
If it's in the anus...we start with radiation. If it's rectum....we start with chemo.

I better go read about it some more...Janet, from my Bookworms group, sent me two helpful books about cancer. One is humorous, the other serious. (Thanks Janet!)

Now I'm trying to be patient...those sleeping pills I got worked well but when I woke up my organs didn't like that I stayed in one position all night. They SCREAMED when I tried to roll out of bed! I'll only use the sleeping pills when I really need to...didn't like this morning wake up! I've got to remember what Marcus Lisle told me to mediate on first thing in the morning....those golden webs around my cells, changing and mending! such a lovely thought! Thanks Marcus!

6 comments:

lizardek said...

It's very comforting to me to know that you've got Kelly Sue so near, honestly. :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, that Kelly Sue sure is a gem--I just love her!

LesleyAnn said...

Carol-
I have been reading your posts over the last couple of days and was shocked to hear of your unfortunate news. I have been struggling to put together the right words to express how sorry I am to hear this. I am at a loss for words. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers here in Iowa!! Keep your chin up!! Take care, LesleyAnn

Sue said...

I was surfing at lunchtime yesterday, amongst all the lovely stitching blogs, and surfed into your. I am sorry to read of your illness but thankful that you can share, and perhaps educate people at the same time. I will be thinking of you and hope you have lots of support close by in the real world. (though virtual world support is pretty fantastic) Sue down under in NZ

Anonymous said...

MY cousin has colon cancer and had the sugery 2 yrs ago...it has been a long ordeal for him, he is off the bag now , but because they took all of his colon away his pooping is a problem, he has good days and bad days, he says that he considers 4hours of good a good day..he is a trooper, he had blood in his before hand....I wish well and prayers to you...

As for your post cards, here is where I posted them, http://pbdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/02/post-cards-and-goodies-and-feeling.html I loved the flying cat.. :)

Anonymous said...

We love you and your family just as much and we, too, are VERY grateful to have you in our lives.