Rather tired tonight...a good tired.
Just a run down of the today's highlights:
- woke up in good spirits (thanks to those little worry dolls, I'm sure, Maya and I gave them our BIGGEST worry last night---the doozy one, and we both sleep well!) Our feet were hugging each other in the morning...can your feet hug, too?
- I figured out the best way to get out of bed that doesn't make my organs feel like they are being torn out of my body one by one....a sensation that I want to avoid as much as possible! I scoot my body (while on my back) sideways perpendicural to the bedside with my legs hanging a bit over the side, then slowly raise up on my elbows and lift my torso up straight, to a sitting position, rest a moment, then use my legs to stand upright slowly...avoiding clenching my stomach muscles too hard, rest and breathe and give thanks I can stand! Look out window and bless the day! Tell my body I love it and give myself a hug. Phew...wipe the sweat off my brow! (no kidding!) Goodness know what I will do if I have to go to the toilet in a hurry! Maybe it's time to get rubber sheet protectors! (I'm not ready for diapers, yet.)
- ate a delicious breakfast of Grits and Florida OJ with Maya before everyone else got up
(How Southern girl is that!?)...Grits probably aren't the first thing on the nutritionist's list but boy do they make a body feel warm and cosy inside!
- Kelly Sue brought my parents to our house in the mid morning! THANK YOU KELLY SUE for picking them up at the airport! love you! And Nurse KS brought me the name of something I will request for doing a top-down cleansing for Thursday's appointment, instead of doing a bottom-up cleansing ...which gives me a panic attack just to think about it!
- nothing like HUGS from Mom and Dad! :-) (-:
- hearing the sweet, calm voice of Debbie was another of the day's highlights...she lives at the southern tip of Skåne...it's about a 2 hour drive to "stop by for a coffee". Recently we've been chatting it up on Sundays over the phone every once in awhile with a cup of java (or tea). Since I've been diagnosised she's called more often filled with funny stories of her kids or herself sometimes, suggestions to ease my pains, and just feel good ideas! Thank you Debbie! I look forward to your calls!
- Mom carried my GHS '81 yearbook and Senior year photo album in her hand luggage for me! I can't wait to spent some hours reading all the comments and reliving all those memories! This I will savior for a quiet moment. Then when I'm up to it...I'll start some new scanning of photos to use for the GHS blog! (anyone want to offer me a bribe now? just kidding!)- The Göteborg Bomans arrived around 2pm (14:00) to fill our house with children's laughter, screams and energy! Bo's cousin, George and Spanish wife, Victoria and their 3 kids always bring with them good cheer! I get to speak Spanish (which I desperately need to practice more) with Victoria and 17 year old daughter, Desirée! (a kind of therapy in itself for me!)
Victoria is another crafty soul...she made Maya a gorgeous purple silk party dress and she painted a water color for me of the beach view by our summer house! I love her work and now I have my own! Gifts made with TOTAL LOVE! Gracias, Victoria!
Maya and her little cousins Ricardo (5) and Alexander (almost 2) had a grand time as usual! Babies are such clowny creatures and Alexander had us laughing tears at just the right moments! Maya performed a ballet for us! (She's improved her style since the last performance!)
- Barbro, my mother in law, made yet again, despite her own back pains, another delicious dinner for all of us! Her steadfast support and desire to keep me sane & calm over the last fews days they stayed with us is so appreciated! She pulled me gently out of my dark hole last night before going to bed, allowing me to cry out all my fears into her soft embrace. I couldn't request a better mother-in-law! They went home today...vacating the room where my parents are now staying.
- My wonderful, rotten little brother sent Milk Thistle extract to me...and Wheat Grass...will get started on the MT now and the wheat grass tomorrow. Dad will plant the seeds with Maya and then we can start making our own juice in the juicer! All for my LOVELY LIVER! (I haven't seen the juicer yet...gotta leave some excitement for tomorrow!) Thanks, TH! I love you!
- And....I got a new camera! (I'm so spoiled!) My trusty one had pooped out on me a few weeks ago. (pun intended to avoid another phrase!) So lately I've been using an old one that I really don't like much but was making due. Bo and my Dad surprised me with a rather flashy yet simple one...and tomorrow I will read all about it using it! You'll see some nice photos later!
- And that's all for today folks. I'm ready to start this week....with great expectations to GET STARTED ON THE THERAPY! And let the FIGHT BEGIN!!
easy postcard swap 8
57 minutes ago