Monday, September 15, 2008

Project things....

My Angel Stitchery projects are moving along slowly now...I've choosen the "fall colors" that my secret person said she likes....I won't be using ALL of these but until I'm ready to cut and stitch I want to keep the adorable bundle together! I just love these fat quarter bundles that they sell at the quilt shops and fairs. Looking at them reminds me of my last months in Los Angeles when I went around one day with my colleague and good sewing buddy, Ella. She made sure that I moved to Sweden with PLENTY of fabric for the long winter nights! I think we hit at least 8 shops that day ALL over the LA basin! What fun! Anyway...it's time to start using these cutie bundles! One of the projects requires embroidery floss....I thought I'd have to break my "diet" and buy some...until I remembered that I had been given ALL of these from a friend in Florida a couple of years ago. Her mother had died and left all her sewing things....(can't take it with you to heaven, unfortunately!) so Anita thought of giving it to my mother....who then gave it to lucky me! Anita's mother was certainly organized! Each packet has the name of the color AND its color number! (She must have been a cross stitcher.)

I got a BLOG AWARD from G'Gma!
Thank you, so sweet of you! I'll be looking forward to pursuing through the other recepients' blogs as well....a few other ex-pats quilting around the world! FUN! As soon as I figure out how to retrieve my award, it will be displayed on my sidebar...and then I get to pick some other winners!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vilka härliga tyger, jag bara älskar höstfärger. Spännande att se vad du tänker göra av dem!
De små påsarna med tråd liknar inte min låda med broderigarn. Där får man vara glad om man kan trassla ut det man behöver....