Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cutsie mail boxes from Dalarna....

While driving around Dalarna, I saw some of the cutest postboxes I have ever seen in Sweden! Some stand alone while others are with their neighbors under a little shelter along the street to make work easier for the post carrier. They look so sweet, I HAD to take photos of them!Swedish KING OF THE FOREST...my friend Liz would like this one, I'm sure!

This is a close up of one of the groups below...Jonah and the Whale! What a lot of work to decorate the mail boxes! This group is in Sundborn...on the street where the church is located. This one is painted in the old Dalarna style like the furniture and clocks. It was in Näsnus. LOVE THIS ONE! It would match my house! I saw it in Mora. I bet this back board was pretty when it was freshly painted! But it certainly fits the shabby-chic style of today! It was along the roadside on the outskirts of Orsa. CUTE CUTE CUTE...flower pots!!! Over head the story of Jonah and the Whale! (see second photo above) Saw this in Sundborn.

No comments: